Reserve your whole pork bulk purchase and add your name to the waitlist by making your deposit here.
How much pork do you actually take home from a bulk pork order? While the total "take-home" weight is heavily dependent on how you'd like your cuts trimmed, the usual take-home weight from a pig is about 70-75% (if ordering mostly bone-in cuts) or 60-65% (if ordering mostly boneless or heavily trimmed cuts) of the carcass weight. Note there will be some loss of water weight on smoked items, which also would lower the take-home weight. We usually aim for a carcass weight of around 200 lbs, so the resulting take-home weight on a 200 lb pig would range from 120 to 150 lbs, depending on your chosen cuts.
An important factor to consider is the required frozen storage. You will need 3 to 4 cubic feet for storing a cut and packed half pig, but allow more space if you opt for larger or odd shaped cuts like bone-in roasts. We recommend a manual defrost chest freezer as the most ideal storage solution. Just like the meat you'd find in our Farm Store, the pork will be professionally cut, cryo-packed, flash frozen, and then packed into cardboard boxes for ease of transportation.
How long will your bulk pork order last? If you keep your pork frozen and the packages unopened, your meat will last you a minimum of a year in storage. However, we do recommend consuming the smoked products within 6 months. Once thawed out, ground pork and sausage should be consumed within a few days. Whole-muscle cuts should be consumed within a week of thawing.
Example of cuts & volume to expect in a whole pig package:
- 12-14 packs of bone-in loin chops (2 per package)
- 6-8 country style rib chops
- 2 3-lb boneless sirloin roast or 6-8 packs of sirloin chops
- 2 pork tenderloins
- 2 racks of spare ribs
- 4 x 3-4lb bone-in Boston Butt roast
- 2 x 6-7 lb bone-in split smoked ham (if not ground for sausage) or if ground:
- 12-13 packs of maple breakfast sausage
- 6-8 packs of hot italian sausage links
- 6-8 packs of sweet italian sausage links
- 6-8 1-lb packs of ground pork
- 14-16 packs no-nitrate smoked sliced belly bacon
- 2 pack of bacon ends
- 2 pork jowls, or 1 pack no-nitrate smoked sliced jowl bacon
- 2 no-nitrate smoked ham hocks
- 2 packs meaty neck bones for stock / braising
- 2 packs of fresh split trotters for stock / jelly
- 3 lbs pork soup bones
- 2-4 packs of leaf lard for baking / cooking
- heart, liver, kidney, head, ears, tail and tongue
Please note that this list is just to give you an idea of what cuts and general volume to expect. After the deposit is received, we will email you a form to fill out so the pig is cut to your personal preferences. You must fill out this form to finalize your order one week before the butchering date.
How does bulk pork pricing work? Your order total will be dependent on the carcass weight of the pig. Bulk meat ordering with us is designed to save you 30-35% from our retail prices in the Farm Store.
WHOLE Pig: $5.00/lb
This holistic price for the pork includes the butcher's fee and all processing, cutting, and packing fees. In order to be added to the waitlist you must make the deposit online here or in person.
Our pasture-raised Berkshire pigs' average carcass weights are 200lbs, but can range from smaller 180 to larger 245. So for the average 200lb pig, your whole pig price is $5.00/lb x 200 = $1,000. The remaining balance after the deposit will be due prior to pickup. We will send a custom invoice via email when the order is ready.